Friday, December 3, 2010

{sewing} Here comes Christmas!

What a week! I feel like I haven't stopped! Cleaning, shopping, appointments, helping people, cleaning, swimming, did I mention cleaning? In amongst all that though I fitted in some sewing and re-covered the gorgeous stool in Wonder Girls room! I spent around an hour browsing all the fabrics in Spotlight last weekend trying to find something just right for this divine stool. I was a little apprehensive about the fabric I decided on as the print is quite bold and is a little brighter than I imagined selecting. However, I almost gave myself a little hi-five when I finished it because I was so excited with how it looked! So here it is...



So after the stool was recovered my next projects were to make a Christmas bunting to hang in the kitchen and a gorgeous little advent calendar for the Wonder Kids! The bunting was first as that was easiest...

3 x mts of 1" red ribbon
18 x Triangles measuring 20cm across and 25cm down. I used pinkers to cut them.

Then brought it all together on the sewing machine using a zig zag stitch in a contrasting colour and spacing the triangles 3cm apart! So here she is... and don't mind the "festive" green wall! Hubs and I are in discussions about what the lucky new colour will be!


Last but not least is the bunting! I found the tutorial on a gorgeous Scandinavian website Pickles Was quite simple to do but I did find the ribbon placement a little fiddly. If it hadn't of been November 30 when I was completing it, I would have unpicked the few that were a little shoddy but whoever said they had to be perfect? Right?!



So there is my past 7 days pretty much in photos! All the fun parts of course, who needs to see photos of food shopping and cleaning the house!

Have a great Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love...