Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Life: Everchanging

Another large gap between posts and more craziness has happened.

We've sold our house that we purchased last year to renovate. We've done the basic reno's on the house and only had the kitchen to do. We were planning on staying here until I went back to work when our little guy started school. However, a simple phone call from a Real Estate agent telling us that he has a larger, 4 year old house for sale got our minds racing. Off we went to inspect the house and immediately fell in love. The problem being.... our house wasn't sold, it wasn't even close to being ready for sale and as I said before... we had no intention of moving. We listed the house for sale internally with the agent and told him to work his magic... if he wanted commission for both houses he needed to get moving!! Unfortunately the other house sold in the meantime, we weren't prepared to make an offer without having our house sold first. We got caught last year with 2 mortgages for 6 months and we lost a lot of money paying both. So it was a tough lesson to learn! Anyway.... fast forward a few weeks and we had an older couple come through the house who loved it. They came through a couple more times and made an offer. SOLD! It was really that easy! I can't even begin to tell you how excited and relieved I am. The property market isn't flying right now, so I am very thankful and feel very lucky to have sold our house that easily! While the negotiations were happening on our house hubby and I had to decide what we were going to do next. I made it very clear that I didn't want to renovate again, too much time and effort and now having 3 kids and all the other stuff that goes on with life, I wanted some quiet time. So it took some convincing but I managed to talk hubby into building!! We have put a deposit down on a block and a house and it's all getting quite exciting! I'm going to start a new blog for the whole process. So will create that shortly and link you all up to it once it's set up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some love...